Tonga – Best of the Eastern Island
This is your chance to learn about the fascinating history by exploring the Tongatapu – Eastern Island Tour. First of all, on this guided tour you will have a chance to see the Royal Palace, Ancient Tombs, and also the amazing Ha’amonga Trilithon. In addition, you will pass by local schools, churches, governmental buildings, sacred burial grounds, villages and crop plantations. In conclusion, you will have chances to take pictures of our cultural sites, and the stops you would want to stop at.
Eastern Side Stops;
- Royal Palace
- Royal Tomb(Mala’e Kula)
- Talamahu Market
- Langafonua Art Gallery
- Captain Cook Landing Place
- Ancient Tombs(Langi)
- Ha’amonga Trillithon
We promise to make your stay in Tonga a MEMORABLE ONE.
- The Royal Palace: home of his late Majesty King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, a photo stop will be made outside the palace gate.
- Royal Tombs: where the founder of modern Tonga is at rest, King George Tupou 1 and the rest of the late members of the Tonga Royal Family. The last, to be laid to rest here was his beloved Majesty King Tupou IV who passed away last in 2006.
- Captain Cook's Landing Place: the site where Captain James Cook, the great English Explorer landed on 30 of April 1777.
- Ancient Burial Tombs: the burial tomb of ancient Tongan King. Its construction is an engineering wonder and dates back to 1300BC.
- Ha'amonga Trilithon: the mysterious Trilithon is a giant stone arch which stands 5 metres high and weigh about 80 tones. This Trilithon was believed to have been built around 1200AD. This historical monument has many wonders that your guide will briefly explained.
- Royal Palace
- Royal Tombs
- Captain Cook's Landing Place
- Ancient Burial Tombs
- Ha'amonga Trilithon
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
Child: AUD 39